2017 Chapter Board of Directors
The chapter has open or vacant positions that are vital to the chapters success. If you are interested in any of the opportunities or need information on the position responsibilities, please reach out to one of the board members.
Below is a listing of current open positions that need to be filled. If interested please reach out to one of the board members.
Career Dev. Director
Chapter Metrics as of January 25, 2018
We have 530 members and 418 have earned certifications
The graph below depicts the certifications held by our chapter members. Our chapter members have continued to obtain and utilize their skillset and experience within the Project/Program Management industry.
The chapter would like to extend their congratulations to the following chapter members for obtaining their PMP Certification in the past month:
PMI Space Coast Florida
Social media - Spread the Word
Here are the links to our pages:
Do you have information or an article you'd like to be considered for inclusion in the PMI® Space Coast Florida Chapter's monthly newsletter? If so, please send the information to email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is the first day of the month. Submissions will be evaluated by the Board for inclusion on a space-available basis.
Volunteer with PMI
Get involved. Make a difference. Be a volunteer.
Volunteer your time with PMI.
Using your PMI.org login, access the new Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS) to create your volunteer profile and search for volunteer opportunities.
Not sure how it works? See how you can use the VRMS to find volunteer opportunities or, if you’re a community leader, use the VRMS to support your volunteer recruitment.
Make your mark on PMI and the profession. As a member, you can volunteer to work on, and to lead activities that advance the profession and the Institute.
How to volunteer
Getting involved with PMI on a local or global level is simple. Our new Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS) makes it easy to search for volunteer opportunities throughout the world.
To get started:
- Log into the VRMS — if it’s your first time, see the VRMS Guide for detailed instructions on how to use the system.
- Review your volunteer profile and update your service history.
- Search and apply for opportunities that meet your interests and needs.
- Once you apply, you will receive an email notification regarding the status of your application.
- Come back regularly to update your volunteer profile and service history, and search for more opportunities.
Not sure how you can help? Learn about the types of volunteer opportunities we offer.
"PMI®, PMP®, and "PMBOK Guide" are services and trademarks of the Project Management Institute
BASIC PURPOSE: This job is responsible to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. Responsibilities include budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES or TASKS:
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Analyze and assure compliance of contract financial obligations.
- At a minimum, prepares monthly status reports of all current projects including project contract amounts, final projected costs, accurate of committed cost, payment status of past billings, project issues, and the financial impact of projects.
- Participates in month-end meetings to discuss with management in detail the status of all open jobs. Be prepared to discuss any issues and have potential solutions prepared.
- Review facility maintenance plan and ensure the plans incorporation facility maintenance management system
- Ensure Cape Canaveral Spaceport Development Standards are incorporated into the planning, design and construction plan as appropriate.
- Ensure deliverables required by foundational agreements (NASA- KSC, 45th SW, FDOT) are provided to responsible organizations and archived
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years direct construction project management experience
- Proven work experience in construction management.
- CAPM or PMP Certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, MS Projects, Visio, or similar software.
Send resumes to:
Rhonda Rosa, PHR
505 Odyssey Way
Exploration Park, FL 32953
Office: 321-730-5301 ext. 247