Responsible for the planning and implementation of key portfolios and programs to support the corporate objectives of Health First, Inc. Working across Health First’s Integrated Delivery Network (IDN), this position builds relationships, consensus, and alignment amongst key stakeholders, including Corporate Support Services, Entity/Operations, and the Project Management Office (PMO). Participate in prioritization, resource allocation and operational alignment for the assigned entity planning its goals and objectives.
1. Partner with entity leaders in documenting and reporting their operational roadmaps consisting of capital/operational expense projects, initiatives, and other key work managed by the IDN PMO.
2. Lead and manage major programs through highly facilitative work sessions and crossfunctional teams, using an end-to-end mindset to maintain a clear focus on intended outcomes.
3. Define and document: scope, budget, dependencies, and assumptions, through appropriate information gathering techniques related to IDN PMO project requests.
4. Analyze project risks and issues related to programs or entity objectives that could create undesired outcomes.
5. Leverage appropriate conflict management and problem resolution skills.
6. Actively monitor the project and program milestones to reach desired goals and objectives on time and within budget.
7. Participate in the PMO Intake Process for identifying and securing Project Manager resources based on skills, complexity, and level of technicality.
8. Provide effective guidance by mentoring Project Managers and other users of the PMO methodology in planning, organizing, and documenting project activities by keeping them informed, educated, and updated on PMO processes. Use knowledge of PMO best practices to contribute to the maturity growth of the IDN PMO.
9. Provide outstanding customer service to the Health First organization by displaying courtesy and sensitivity, managing difficult or emotional customer situations, meeting commitments, responding promptly to customer needs, and soliciting customer feedback to improve service.
10.Ensure the proper identification and inclusion of appropriate stakeholders in work planning design and subsequent implementation through RACI and other techniques.
11.Manage and communicate program status to entity Leaders, Sponsors, Stakeholders, and Team Members using applicable communication paths.
12.Manage competing demands of team members, adapting to changes in the Health First environment, as necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology (IT), Healthcare or related field.
Certification: PMP (Project Management Professional) certification, as offered by PMI (Project Management Institute).
- Ten (10) years of project management as a Project Manager.
- Three (3) years of program planning experience.
- Three (3) years of indirectly leading individuals and teams.
- Proven experience and track record in managing cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong ability to apply a wide variety of problem-solving approaches.
- Ability to foster high performing teams and optimize resources to achieve operational, program, and/or project efficiencies.
- Consultative influencer in a complex environment/matrix setting.
- Skilled at identifying, securing, and motivating resources/individuals that may not report directly; this includes providing work direction, distributing, assigning, and performing responsibilities via influence (as opposed to line management authority).
- Ability to apply various approaches and methodologies, including work stream mapping, journey mapping, design thinking and agile.
- Interact and engage stakeholders at multiple levels through strong influencing ability.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to create action plans and drive program/project related decisions.
- Strong analytical skills for planning, estimating, and budgeting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse and matrix healthcare environment.
- Proven mentoring skills.
- Superior organization skills.
Education: Master’s Degree in Business, IT, Healthcare or related field.
Certification: Any variation of Lean and/or Agile
Work Experience: Experience in a health care delivery environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Sedentary – Office Workers
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Walking and standing or lifting more than 10 pounds are required only occasionally.
Must be able to tolerate long periods of computer time a day.
Adaptability of working remotely.